Monday, August 29, 2011

Work at home received way to hand

I look forward to the summer for a reason: freedom. It is the only time I that someone does not dictate my every move, tell me what I should try to learn and aspire to my time with how I must learn.

My enthusiasm for this summer is incomparable. Thoughts of what I could do dance in my head until a comment last year of school my English teacher sent a bolt of lightning through my ears and caused a storm so dark cloud clouded my positive thoughts since then.

My professor informed us that every student in our school district was required to read a book from a list of reading approved summer and be ready for a test at the beginning of the school year. What! No, no, no, no., no, no! My dreams of the series Harry Potter reading with my sister and all the beautiful, non-approved books, that I wanted crashed into a brick wall and landed in a pile of rubbish unrecognizable.

Why can't they just let those who want to read, read what they would like to read for once? When I decided to schools really need to put a limit to this thing. Work at home received too many hands. He eats up to nine months of my life, and now it begins to chew holes in the rest of their.

As I thought about my homework dilemma, I learned about some school districts across the country who have adopted policies limiting the duties. The Los Angeles Unified School District of California recently adopted a policy requiring that only 10 percent of the level of a student can be based on the duties. The amount of homework is not diminished, but the weight that she played at the ground level of a student is considerably smaller.

In New Jersey, Galloway Township School District could limit the duties in a different way. The amount of homework a student would each day would be 10 minutes multiplied by the grade school level, and no duties would be assigned the weekend. For example, a first-grader would have 10 minutes, a sixth-grader would have 60 minutes, and a high school senior would have two hours.

I decided there is a lot of reasons why these ideas limiting the work at home should be used more often. Limit duties increases and extends the desire to learn, encourages more meaningful assignments, and allows students to participate in extra-curricular activities and to become involved in their community.

By limiting the duties, students are happier to learn and that desire actually lasts longer. Recently, I spent four days in a camp of Archaeology in the Canyon of nine miles based on the use of compasses, maps, and UTMs (a geographic coordinate system) and learning on geology and anthropology.

I was so intrigued all and jumps with enthusiasm. Think about my experience, I understood how educational everything that was and asks why so I liked that I had hated the previous school year. I have concluded that all the duties and school tests had been so overwhelming that I had lost all of pleasure and desire to learn. The weeks of the summer brought back my enthusiasm and I could learn a lot at this camp it. Therefore, if less homework is assigned, students retain their enthusiasm for learning and, therefore, to learn more.

Having less duties will also increase the significance of the assignments that are given. The homework given is better most likely to help students understand the key concepts and quality. Right now, assignments are Remies as of Halloween Candy and few of them are productive. By reducing the amount of work at home, one can also reduce the amount of busy work. This allows us to stop circumlocutions and some actually effective learning.

Less homework students are given, they can take advantage of extra curricular activities and to become involved in their community. Extracurricular activities and service in our cities and neighborhoods are good ways for students to acquire new skills, that they would not otherwise be developed. It allows the student to become well-rounded and achieve success in many different areas of life. Too duty limits these opportunities because students must spend this time on all their school work, instead.

If you want the best results in the classroom, start with working from home. Feed it to the dog before you assign.

Michelle Thurgood will be a senior in high school in Syracuse. She loves gymnastics, laugh and spend time with their family and friends. E-mail to kaprirocks@gmail.com.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment