Friday, December 2, 2011

Honey, Can You Blow Up My Funny Halloween Costume Please?


I think I want to be an inflatable tourist for this years Halloween costume contest. I think it is a funny costume idea and I might just win the stupid prize for wearing it. What do you think? How do you blow up those inflatable outfits anyway? Do they come with an air pump or do you have to supply your own?

How did Halloween ever get this crazy? When I was young everyone I ever knew was a Hobo. We wore our own clothes or borrowed a flannel shirt from our Dad. We burnt the end of a wine bottle cork and made our faces look dirty. And we were done. If you really wanted to get extravagant, you went outside and got a stick. Then you wrapped a bandanna around it so you had a Hobo sack. Tramps to the left of us, tramps to the right of us, everyone was a hobo or a tramp. Every kid had the same costume on no matter where we went. All the kids except the guys who were too cool to bother dressing up at all.

Today the number of Halloween costume ideas is staggering. I don't think we could even list them all. There are couples costumes, baby costumes, doggie and kitty outfits too. Men's, women's, family and singles costume ideas. Homemade, store bought and some are even custom outfits make by professional costume makers. And don't forget the Star Wars Darth Vader Collector's (Supreme) Edition Costume you can get for only about 700.00. Then there is also the thousand dollar Elvis costume, thank you, thank you very much. There is also the Holy Moly Batman Deluxe costume too, it costs a fortune too. Then there are the really stupid dress up outfits, the silly ones, the humorous ones...that is kind of a step up from just funny, and I guess the silly guys and gals who wear them are just a little classier than the rest of us. That might be why the humorous ones cost a little more too.

Those cosplay and anime costumes are pretty pricy too. They do have some really cool accessories though. The wigs alone are amazing. They are big and spikey and really colorful. These costumes look super cool when combined with those FX lenses. I do like those lenses. I find them almost hypnotic. I can't take my eyes off people who wear them. So on Halloween I am staring a lot. I am not brave enough to get them myself.

Every Halloween I get dressed up to answer my front door. I have a black robe and a noose I wear around my neck. I try, each year, to mess up my hair. I put hair spray and water on it and scrunch it up. It never fails, my hair looks the best it has all year on Halloween night when I try to make it look gross and disgusting. So, now you know what my hair looks like when I try to make it look nice right? Oh well. Then I put some white face makeup on, red lipstick with some blood red makeup running out the side of my mouth and I apply tons of dark make up to my eyes. I look like a beautiful, Arabian walking dead zombie witch kind of thing. I don't quite know exactly what to call it. But I still do it every year. The kids who come to my door could care less, they are only interested in their own costumes and what kind of candy I have to give them.

I also play some scary music from my windows and throw lots of pumpkins around my front yard. One year I dumped an entire bushel basket of little pumpkins down my front steps and let them lay where ever they rolled. The next day kids were ringing my door bell asking if I was selling the pumpkins. So, of course, everyone who asked got to take one home with them. What else could I do?

I stopped with the pumpkins that year. I still do the get up though. And I also supply good candy to those trick or treaters. I only get candy I will eat myself. That means that every single year I go and buy a big bag of delicious candy. And then I do it again on the day before Halloween, because I ate it all. Sometimes I think I should get candy I don't like, but I don't want to be one of those cheap houses that gives crummy candy out.

It was much simpler when everyone made their own homemade costume out of clothes and accessories they already owned. Costumes were also much cheaper...but they certainly were not as much fun as the Halloween costume ideas we have today.




Ms. Party Ideas is Jillian Gallo and she writes about fun party stuff! Find all the unique party ideas and cheap party supplies at http://www.partyideasparade.com Find these funny costume ideas and more at http://www.partyideasparade.com/halloween-costumes.html. Get the wigs, makeup and Halloween accessories you need to complete your Halloween look. Hey, if you are looking for one of those really expensive super deluxe collectors costumes in Darth Vader, Elvis or Batman, I can get you one! I will even try to get it for you cheap! Just hit the contact button on my nav bar and send me an email.

You can learn how to plan and organize your party ideas... all kinds of kids creative party ideas, delicious and easy party menu recipes and of course, fun party games is what you will find along with some great cake and cupcake decorating ideas! Make it yourself party food, invitations and decorations.




0 comments:

Post a Comment