Monday, January 30, 2012

How to: Make a Mini Christmas tree

DIY Christmas Tree

In recent weeks I have seen several really nice mini Christmas trees. Do you know, children who are just for decoration, cost an arm and a leg and far from being green? Yes, those. Type: a bottle who saved from the trash.

DIY Christmas Tree

I knew that it would have a purpose one day! I took branches-lots and lots of branches.

DIY Christmas Tree

And my own mini Christmas tree:

DIY Christmas Tree

I have to warn... This project is a beast! It is necessary to have the patience to complete it.

1.1 Bottle

2 Branches

3. Hot glue gun hot glue

4. Little rocks (so explain later!)

5 Mini jingle bells.

6 Twine - chose red cords. This also could be a good opportunity to whip the baker of hemp cordage!

7. Yellow paper (I used a piece of junk that I had in my craft stuff, but you can also use spam to the star).

8 Scissors.

9 Spray paint. Remember, spray paint is not greener crafts supply, so they opt for spray low-VOC paint, if you can.

1 Give little rocks on the bottle. Due to the fact that only attach to the branches of one side of the bottle, need to have something to weigh and keep it stable.

2 Hot after the hot start glue gun hot gluing branches to its bottle. I started with the branches thicker at the bottom and use more thin branches at the top. This is how it starts:

DIY Christmas Tree

Once you obtain your first layer made, continue to work their way up the bottle. Make sure that the hot glue has dried up completely before moving on to the next layer (this is where patience comes into play!). If I could do my Christmas tree all again, I do not like hot glue much. I put a lot of hot glue because he was impatient and wanted to move to the next layer, but if you look closely, you will see that globs of glue read it through my branches - not so pretty!

3 Put a branch of height in the bottle. You may need to push through its rocks a little. This branch will be the top of the tree (and where to put your charming star).

4. The branches bottle with spray paint. The only reason spray painted mine was due to the globs of glue. Otherwise, I would leave the branches their natural color. It's all for you!

5. When the spray paint has dried, add the cordage. You'll want to weave through the branches as if it were a real Christmas tree. Don't hit the ropes in because the mine was pretty good, but is also entirely on you.

4 Add your adorable jingle bells. These I hot had stuck as well.

5 Cut a star for his role as ex officio. Paste it to the top of the tree.

That's all! Now you have a cute mini Christmas tree! Put mines in the mantle:

DIY Christmas Tree

If you have another bottle, could make a tree for each side of its mantle or you could put branches around the entire bottle for a beautiful table centerpiece! If you want even more ideas for their recycled bottles, be sure to remove this post. Here you can find instructions on how to make lights out of bottles and how to cut bottles to drink cups!


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment